Sunday, January 15, 2012

anniversary weekend

Just want to note that on Friday André and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. We went to D'Arcy McGee's for dinner - with André's colleague Sharon & her husband - and then to the NAC to see 2 Pianos 4 Hands which we loved.

It seems completely crazy that we have only been together for 5 years - and known each other for a mere 6 1/2. We laugh about me moving continents, us buying a house, having two kids, etc. etc. It's been a busy time. For the record, there is no one I would rather spend the rest of my life with - busy or not.

And it was a good weekend. COLD (-28C on Sat!). But T & I went to skating lessons and then we had Lora & Luca over for a playdate. Thomas and André spent an HOUR outside in the frigid weather "shoveling the driveway" (André shoveled a lot.) This morning we had a playdate at Cosmic Adventure, I ran errands during nap, we were back out in the snow, and then this evening Christine came for dinner before she headed back to Oxford. Thomas is making jokes about "bakin' the bacon" and our chicken dinner being dinosaur poop. Eric is using two-word phrases and is suddenly fascinated by books. Both boys are lavish with their kisses and enthusiastic with their passions.

I live in a house full of love and wonder. May the next five years be as happy as these last ones.

(And when you read this, my love, thank you. You are my perfect match.)

No comments: