Sunday, January 8, 2012

waffles?

This morning Eric woke up at 5:30 - 5:30! Let's pause and consider how much later that is than 4:45. Ah, the wonders of sleeping 'til 5:30. But I digress. We hung out for a while, nursing, playing (on the xylophone - a subconscious attempt on his part to wake the rest of the house; with the dinosaur), making tea. Finally, I asked if he was hungry. "Yes" his little head went up and down. "Do you want food?" Another emphatic yes. So we headed into the kitchen and I began my morning offers:
Oatmeal? No.
Yogurt? Some hesitation, but no.
Cheese? No.
Various fruits? No, no and no.
Toast? No.
I tried yogurt again - got a definite no.

Now, in between my suggestions, Eric had been saying "Fff". And occasionally, "Fl fl". Finally, he said it again and squirmed out of my arms. "FFL." He grabbed my hand. "Ffl!" He led me across the kitchen, through the baby gate and into the back room. "Ffl!" He patted the waffle iron.

And we had waffles for breakfast.

Smart kid :)

(Side note: we'd planned to have waffles for breakfast, and specifically we planned buttermilk cornmeal waffles. I may never go back to regular old: they were delicious!)

No comments: