Saturday, January 21, 2012

Kid cuteness

Just a few notes from the week: first, I have often said that I could take a picture of Eric eating every day of his life and it would still be funny. This kid has an uncanny ability to get himself covered in anything he touches. Today it was chocolate cake. Check out this funny face:

Yum! Chocolate cupcakes!
Of course, he does things besides smear food all over his face. This week we're marveling at the fact that he has clearly started using two-word phrases - he's only 16 months old for Heaven's sake! All I can figure is that in this house you better start talking early and fast if you want to keep up.

As for Thomas, I would say that the most memorable moment of the week was when we visited Luca. Luca's still a little unsure about having these two crazy kids around, and this week we were at his house, so he was a bit shy. Our sweet boy went over to him, held his hand, encouraged him to play and played with him for a long time. I know his daycare teachers have told us about this sort of behavior in the past, but it was really fun to see it myself. I was wildly impressed.

More happening, of course, but it's time for bed. We've hired painters for next week - they're doing four rooms! - and now we have to get ready for them and André is sick. Better sleep while I can.

No comments: